- Posted by Ashley Easterwood
- On July 14, 2022
At Frameworks Manufacturing, we pride ourselves on the beauty of our interior aluminum frames and doors. All frames and doors are cleaned by hand prior to shipment. We take great care to package our products so that they will arrive at the job site without cosmetic or structural damage.
As with many other finished products being installed in commercial construction, it is not uncommon for Door and Window Frame Materials and Aluminum Doors to become contaminated by dirt, oils or other common contaminants during the manufacturing process or, more commonly, during installation. For this reason, we recommend that all frames and doors be cleaned after construction and before building occupancy.
Please follow the following guidelines for cleaning Frameworks material (painted or anodized finishes):
- Alcohol, MEK or mineral spirits are the most effective cleaners for anodized finishes.
- Alcohol and mineral spirits are the most effective cleaners for painted finishes.
- Contact with any solvent-based cleaner should be limited to a maximum of one minute. Do not allow the solvent to pool or remain on the finish for more than one minute.
- Alternatively, a 5% solution of a commercial degreaser such as Simple Green Degreaser can also be utilized for either painted or anodized finishes.
- Any degreaser residue should be removed with a damp, non-abrasive cloth when the surface is still damp. Do not allow detergents or degreaser solution to dry.
- Never use abrasive materials such as sandpaper, abrasive blocks, or similar as this can damage the finish
- Never use caustic or acidic cleansers, regardless of how diluted they are as this can permanently damage the finish
- Cleaner run-down should be minimized. If it does occur, it should be wiped/rinsed immediately
- Follow all the cleanser manufacturer’s safety precautions for use of their products, including but not limited to proper PPE, fire protection, cleanup and disposal.
These cleaning procedures can be repeated after occupancy if the Frameworks products become contaminated by environmental factors such as dirt, dust, etc. Following these procedures for cleaning will ensure the Frameworks material looks beautiful for many years in the future.
If you have further questions regarding maintaining your aluminum products, or would like more information regarding a specific Frameworks product, contact our team today.